Registered Nurses who share our passion for quality healthcare and are interested in translating healthcare data into effective clinical and operational solutions should consider contracting with us. We have several options; short term projects to year round surveys and medical record review studies. Candidates must be detail oriented, proficient with computers and the Internet, email, Microsoft Office applications and have excellent organizational skills. Familiarity with Electronic Health Records (EHR) is a plus.
Texas – Greater Houston area
KDJ Consultants contracts with registered nurses for the medical record review component of the HEDIS project. This medical record review process will be conducted in accordance to the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) HEDIS medical record review guidelines using a certified HEDIS tool.
Licensed Registered Nurse
The ideal candidate will have these qualities:
- Experience conducting HEDIS medical record reviews or similar studies
- Ability to function independently, utilizing organizational skills and meet critical deadlines. Attention to detail and accuracy a must.
- Familiarity with both electronic and paper medical records
- Dedicated computer for work use (PC preferred)
- Current RN License
- Successful completion of State Background Check and drug screen (as submitted by KDJ)
- Unrestricted valid driver’s license and current automobile liability insurance as per state law
- Ability to communicate in English in both oral and written format (Spanish a plus)
- Reliable HIGH SPEED Internet
- Other equipment used: Encrypted flash drive, scanners, printer
- During the time period must commit to no less than 24 hours/week. The availability for Nurses reviewing onsite must be during weekday office hours.
Training and Project Timeline – Training will begin using self –learning modules (SLMs) for all the measures and inter-active WebEx training on KDJ’s web-based database used for reporting and analysis (HARP). These sessions may start as early as December 1. The project time requirement for medical record review is between February 1 and May 9.
Non-Clinical opportunities exist at KDJ as well. We have several projects that are cyclical and you may be a good fit. KDJ Consultants contracts with individuals for providing administrative assistance, uploading electronic copies, scheduling medical record reviews in provider’s offices for nurses participating on the HEDIS project.