Ensure a happy, safe holiday season with these 10 toy safety tips:
1. Read the label. Warning labels give important
information about how to use a toy and what ages the toy is safe for. Be
sure to show your child how to use the toy the right way.
2. Think LARGE. Make sure all toys and parts are larger than your child’s mouth to prevent choking.
3. Avoid toys that shoot objects into the air. They can cause serious eye injuries or choking.
4. For younger children, avoid play sets with small magnets
and make sure batteries are secured within the toy. If magnets or
batteries are ingested, serious injuries and/or death can occur.
5. Look for stuffed toys that are well made. Make sure all
the parts are on tight and seams and edges are secure. It should also be
machine washable. Take off any loose ribbons or strings to avoid
strangulation. Avoid toys that have small bean-like pellets or stuffing
that can cause choking or suffocation if swallowed.
6. Inspect toys for sturdiness. Your child’s toys should be
durable, with no sharp edges or points. The toys should also withstand
impact. Dispose of plastic wrapping material immediately on toys as
they may have sharp edges.
7. Inspect all toys before purchasing. Monitor toys that
your child has received as gifts to make sure they are appropriate for
your child’s age and developmental level.
8. Avoid toys with toxic materials that could cause poisoning. Make sure the label says “nontoxic.”
9. Avoid hobby kits and chemistry sets for any child
younger than 12 years. They can cause fires or explosions and may
contain dangerous chemicals. Make sure your older child knows how to
safely handle these kinds of toys.
10. Be careful when buying crib toys. Strings or wires that
hang in a crib should be kept short to avoid strangulation. Crib toys
should be removed as soon as your child can push up on his hands and
For more information visit: https://pediatriccenterofroundrock.com/have-a-safe-holiday-season-with-these-10-tips-for-buying-safe-toys/
KDJ Consultants is a vital resource to businesses needing to translate healthcare data into effective clinical and operational solutions. Professional services in medical record review, collection and abstraction, specializing in HEDIS® (Healthcare Effectiveness Data and Information Set, a registered trademark of the National Committee for Quality Assurance), PQRS (Physician Quality Reporting System), GPRO (Group Practice Reporting Option), physician office reviews, special studies and data entry, enable businesses to facilitate meaningful improvements in the efficiency and quality of healthcare services.
KDJ teams of experienced registered nurses are trained on the latest quality initiatives and provide rapid response, cost containment and accurate data to every client. Certified security protocols ensure exceptional data protection. Every staff member undergoes comprehensive background checks. Every project is handled with strict privacy and quality control. All processes are in compliance with HIPAA guidelines.
KDJ Consultants has the policies, procedures and personnel dedicated to:
- Technical compliance